Saturday, August 2, 2008

Feeds 101 - What the hell is a feed?


What are feeds? I see \"RSS\", \"XML\", and \"Atom\" out there, but I don\'t know how I might use these links when I find them.

If you've ever asked yourself, "Hey Self....:, Here's your answer!

Feeds are a way for websites large and small to distribute their content well beyond just visitors using browsers. Feeds permit subscription to regular updates, delivered automatically via a web portal, news reader, or in some cases good old email. Feeds also make it possible for site content to be packaged into \"widgets,\" \"gadgets,\" mobile devices, and other bite-sized technologies that make it possible to display blogs, podcasts, and major news/sports/weather/whatever headlines just about anywhere.

If you really wanna read all the crap I put on this Blog, On a daily Basis Click here ad add my Feed!! (CAUTION - This may cause attitude!)

2 comments:

  1. Must have been coincidence to stumble over your blog on feeds. I've just spent an insane amount of time trying to understand what is going wrong with mine.

    The stupid thing is, it will probably fix itself and no-one, including me, will remember until the next poor bugger who has to go through it.

    Technology does indeed suck. Sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAH Thats intresting, Because damed if I know how the hell i got there myself.

    Of Course i've spent the last week filling the same forms out over and over again, trying to get some exposure, I've pretty much been a zombie! :)"

    ReplyDelete