Friday, June 29, 2012

Blog writing from a Old School Internet Geek


So I am learning to write a good article for my blog, those of you who have been following my blog over the years probably know I need help in this department, many times I find great topics and just link to them, never putting much thought into content, I would love to develop good original content for my blog, so I decided to do some research and find some resources on writing good articles, what I have found has disturbed me.

I stumbled across a great blogger Darren Rowse, actually I accidently happened by a post on ProBlogger  titled How to write great blog content, I have linked this article HERE, after getting stuck for a hour reading this and other articles by this author I learned Ive been doing it all wrong, I come from the Old School internet, been out here for about 15 years, there wasn't even color on the internet when I started, the most important things for me was the almighty Hit Counter and trading links with as many webmasters as possible, yeah I said webmaster, oh I remember the days of Back-links and Link Exchanges.

Things on the internet have changed my friends, really changed, I realize that all of my past knowledge and experience over the last 15 years, cant help me now, its like starting all over again, what a scary thought, maybe I better just leave all the blogging to the younger generation!

I going to try my hand at creating all original articles for tech4000, really put forth the effort to share my thoughts and ideas, i will be posting updates to this journey frequently here, so be sure to subscribe to my RSS feed or follow this blog, I would love any feedback I can get, I can use all the help I can get :)RichThis is the article that started it all: Darren Rowse - How to write great blog content http://www.problogger.net/how-to-write-great-blog-content

Part 2: Small Business Blog, Where to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment